Experience the nation’s Capital as never before! Behind the glamour of our state buildings and beauty of our national parks and gardens lies a city where nearly one in five people live below the poverty line. As a volunteer on this mission trip you will work with local religious orders and organizations to bring hope to the homeless of Washington, D.C.
As a part of this experience, we will also dive into the Church’s teachings on the dignity of the human person as we visit the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum and speak with a congressman about the Pro-Life debate on Capitol Hill.
A domestic trip of a lifetime – spend the first three days touring the lesser known Catholic mini-city in DC before putting on a retreat. End the week serving and visiting with elderly residents! You’ll see beauty in the formerly homeless, the spiritually poor, the physically poor, and consecrated religious.
Washington, D.C. 2 - Spring Break
- Dates: March 8 - 17, 2019
- Trip Director: Molly D
- Mission Co-Leaders: Hannah S, Jessica W, Madison U
- Amount to Fundraise: $700*
Price includes the following: travel
insurance, pre-trip orientation retreat, post-trip debriefing retreat, all
food, lodging, and on-mission transportation. Price does not include the
travel to/from mission location or other personal incidentals.
*Dates and price subject to change
- Each FOCUS Missions participant has the opportunity to fundraise the entire cost of their mission trip. Consider that fundraising allows people who may not have the opportunity to travel on a mission trip to participate in this essential work through you. In another sense, “some give by going, while others go by giving.” Allowing others to support us through their financial commitments and prayers is essential to the success of FOCUS Missions!
- After you have been accepted on a mission trip, you will be
contacted by your personal fundraising coach who will train and mentor
you along the way.
- Please feel free to contact us at any time by phone or email with your fundraising questions.
“ My FOCUS Mission Trip taught me how to be vulnerable to people whom I barely know and what it means to love selflessly and wholeheartedly. The Lord showed me that He is present in every given moment, if one only makes the effort to open their eyes to the beauty of those surrounding them in the here and now and stop dwelling on the past/future. Every moment is an opportunity to love and grow closer to Christ. The mission trip helped me to see that I am capable of utilizing every moment to bring greater glory to God!”
– Sabrina Harris, Appalachian State University
“The mission trip I went on had a tremendous impact on me in the way I view myself and others. It has really taught me how to see Jesus in everyone, even if it doesn’t seem possible. The trip helped me to solidify my faith more, and made me desire God more because of how “on fire” everyone else was that I was with. God is amazing, and the places He brings us can help us to love Him more than we can think.”
– Donavon Catton, University of Minnesota Duluth