Serve in the shadow of modern day Saints as we work directly with the
Missionaries of Charity, the Little Sisters of the Poor, and the Sisters
of Life in New York City. The Missionaries of Charity are currently serving
around the globe and you will recognize them as the religious order of Mother
Teresa of Calcutta!
Our service will be right in their distinct apostolates, which includes working in soup kitchens, helping at shelters for homeless single mothers and serving the elderly. This trip will allow you to encounter Christ not only through the physical poverty in New York City, but also the spiritual poverty in our own first-world nation.
New York 1 (Women Only) - Spring Break
- Dates: March 1 - 10, 2019
- Trip Director: Chloe P
- Mission Co-Leaders: Brianna B, Emily R, Jen M
- Amount to Fundraise: $750*
Price includes the following: travel
insurance, pre-trip orientation retreat, post-trip debriefing retreat, all
food, lodging, and on-mission transportation. Price does not include the
travel to/from mission location or other personal incidentals.
*Dates and price subject to change
- Each FOCUS Missions participant has the opportunity to fundraise the entire cost of their mission trip. Consider that fundraising allows people who may not have the opportunity to travel on a mission trip to participate in this essential work through you. In another sense, “some give by going, while others go by giving.” Allowing others to support us through their financial commitments and prayers is essential to the success of FOCUS Missions!
- After you have been accepted on a mission trip, you will be
contacted by your personal fundraising coach who will train and mentor
you along the way.
- Please feel free to contact us at any time by phone or email with your fundraising questions.
“There are different ways I can find satisfaction in life, but I believe spiritual satisfaction through service to the Lord and His people is the highest form of happiness man can attain. There is nothing more important and noble than investing in the Kingdom of Heaven, and this mission trip reiterated that to me. Everything about this trip continues to motivate me in my ongoing commitment to be a better person today than I was yesterday.”
– Chris Ela, United States Air Force Academy
“I finally realized what it was like to give my whole self, my whole heart, everything to Jesus. After spending so much time with the different religious orders, I wanted to start living my life as they did, so radically in love with the Lord and trusting Him in everything. I experienced a deep sense of peace leaving this trip, knowing that there was nothing to fear in this life if I am doing God's will.”
– Former New York City Mission Trip participant