This is not your typical mission trip! Stay Stateside and join us for this Varsity Catholic Sports Camp and service trip as we serve in a neighborhood on the South side of Chicago. Use your God-given athletic ability to bring hope to lives of young students by teaching them what you know about athletics and showing them how they can use sports to develop a life of great character and virtue.
On this trip, we will be working alongside the Franciscan Sisters and priests in the area. Join us on a journey of serving some of the poorest people within our own country and sharing your faith in an are that is greatly in need of love.
Chicago 2 - Spring Break
- Dates: March 8 - 17, 2019
- Trip Director: Katie H
- Mission Co-Leaders: Andrew H, Daniel T
- Amount to Fundraise: $700*
Chicago (Varsity Catholic) - Summer
- Dates: May 2019*
- Trip Director: Stephen D
Co-Leaders: Rachel D, Josh S, Christine C
- Amount to Fundraise: $650*
Price includes the following: travel
insurance, pre-trip orientation retreat, post-trip debriefing retreat, all
food, lodging, and on-mission transportation. Price does not include the
travel to/from mission location or other personal incidentals.
*Dates and price subject to change
- Each FOCUS Missions participant has the opportunity to fundraise the entire cost of their mission trip. Consider that fundraising allows people who may not have the opportunity to travel on a mission trip to participate in this essential work through you. In another sense, “some give by going, while others go by giving.” Allowing others to support us through their financial commitments and prayers is essential to the success of FOCUS Missions!
- After you have been accepted on a mission trip, you will be
contacted by your personal fundraising coach who will train and mentor
you along the way.
- Please feel free to contact us at any time by phone or email with your fundraising questions.
“My mission was a great experience! My whole aspect on life has changed since I've been back from my mission trip. I encourage anyone and everyone to go on a mission trip at one point in their lives."
– Austin Gomez, Ave Maria University