Join the amazing adventure of sharing the love of Christ in Southeast Alaska. Traveling to these locations, you can only arrive by air or by water. During the trip, we will work with children and adults doing catechesis and service projects all while sharing the hope of Christ.
Alaska 1 - Summer 2019
- Dates: May 12 - 20, 2019*
- Mission Director: Tori V
- Mission Co-Leaders: Kelly C, Joe S
- Amount to Fundraise: $1,150*
Alaska 2 (Men Only) - Summer 2019
- Dates: July, 2019*
- Mission Director: Matthew L
- Mission Co-Leaders: John K
- Amount to Fundraise: $1,700*
Price includes the following: travel
insurance, pre-trip orientation retreat, post-trip debriefing retreat, all
food, lodging, and on-mission transportation. Price does not include the
travel to/from mission location or other personal incidentals.
*Dates and price subject to change
- Each FOCUS Missions participant has the opportunity to fundraise the entire cost of their mission trip. Consider that fundraising allows people who may not have the opportunity to travel on a mission trip to participate in this essential work through you. In another sense, “some give by going, while others go by giving.” Allowing others to support us through their financial commitments and prayers is essential to the success of FOCUS Missions!
- After you have been accepted on a mission trip, you will be
contacted by your personal fundraising coach who will train and mentor
you along the way.
- Please feel free to contact us at any time by phone or email with your fundraising questions.
“Alaska changed my life. It gave me the opportunity to spread the word of God in a way I never had and in a place I never could have imagined. The people of Alaska are in dire need of Hope. Although we may never see the fruits of our labors, I pray that the people of St. Mary’s and all of Alaska will come to know the person of Jesus Christ and believe in their hearts that he died for each one of them, personally and individually. Not a single day goes by that I don’t think about my experiences in Alaska. The people I met there are always in my heart and on my mind. I wouldn’t give those 12 days up for anything.”
– Kathryn Houle, North Dakota State University
“My mission trip experience to Yakutat, Alaska was the best two weeks of my life. The combination of nature, daily mass and holy hour, new relationships, and the opportunity to serve the people of Alaska really allowed me to experience God’s love in a more intimate way. I walked away from the trip healed and on fire for missionary work.”
– Michael, University of Florida
“This experience was filled with endless joy! You could see Christ present in everyone we met, in everything we did, and in every inch of breathtaking landscape. The locals were so hospitable: making us dinner, taking us sailing, whale watching, and much more. This trip called attention to the fact that, no matter a person’s past, Christ died for each and every one of us. All the joy that we experience on this earth doesn’t even compare to the joy we will experience when we are united with our Father in heaven!”
– Melanie Heiny, Ball State University