Spend a few weeks in the Peruvian jungle working alongside college students and missionaries from around the country! Picture yourself flying over the Amazon Rainforest, where all you can see is miles of green. You will land in a small Peruvian town, Puerto Maldonado, where you will be welcomed by the priests and sisters who will become your family during your time in Peru. Meet the Family of Jesus the Healer, a community which was founded to “bring God’s Healing love to the world by living out wholeheartedly the truth of the Catholic faith on every level.” While in Peru we will volunteer alongside this order as they work with the people to bring love and support into the community. Our projects will likely include singing and laughing with school children, playing games at the orphanage, ministering to men and women in jail, and much more! Get ready to meet your new family in Peru!
Peru 3c (Amazon)(Medical) - Spring Break 2019
- Dates: March 15 - 24, 2019 *
- Mission Director: James R
- Mission Co-Leaders: Peter N, Amanda T, Katherine J
- Amount to Fundraise: $2,600*
Peru 3 (Amazon) - Summer 2019
- Dates: July 11 - 31, 2019*
- Mission Director: Stephanie S
- Mission Co-Leaders: Patrick M, Theresa W
- Amount to Fundraise: $3,500*
Price includes the following: Round-trip airfare to mission country, travel insurance, pre-trip orientation retreat, post-trip debriefing retreat, all food, lodging, materials, and in-country transportation. Price does not include: immunizations and travel medications, travel to/from US departure city (which will be determined by the Mission Director), passport/visa expenses, or other personal incidentals.
* Dates and price subject to change
- Each FOCUS Missions participant has the opportunity to fundraise the entire cost of their mission trip. Consider that fundraising allows people who may not have the opportunity to travel on a mission trip to participate in this essential work through you. In another sense, “some give by going, while others go by giving.” Allowing others to support us through their financial commitments and prayers is essential to the success of FOCUS Missions!
- After you have been accepted on a mission trip, you will be
contacted by your personal fundraising coach who will train and mentor
you along the way.
- Please feel free to contact us at any time by phone or email with your fundraising questions.
“On mission I let go of my pride, which was telling Jesus that I could do this mission trip on my own. I let go of my vanity, which was telling me that in order to be loved I needed to be clean. I let go of my misconceptions, which said that I knew how Jesus would act on this trip. I let go of the things that were keeping me back from Jesus and He entered more deeply into my life! He walked right into my heart and revealed to me how much I was loved. He showed me through the Family of Jesus the Healer that I was loved. He showed me through the Peruvians that I was loved. He showed me through the students on the mission trip that I was loved. He showed me through my teammates that I was loved. He said “let go” and look at the gifts I am giving you! Let go and see what I have surrounded you with! Let go and see the grace I am pouring out on you in the most unsuspecting ways. On mission, the Lord profoundly reveals His love for you! Receive it!”
– Ann Gennaro, former FOCUS Missionary
“This mission exceeded even my highest expectations. We were able to reach people in ways I’d never experienced before, and I truly saw God working through us, even when we weren’t speaking Spanish! Through this mission, I’ve gained an entirely new perspective on my life and its meaning. I’ve learned that material things are only temporary pleasures and that I’m much happier when I invest my time and energy serving God and His church. After returning home, I’ve made my relationship with Christ a top priority and have already seen how He’s blessed my efforts. I would recommend this (and any FOCUS mission) to anyone even slightly interested.”
– Shannon Sullivan, Minnesota State University- Mankato