Haiti holds the title of the poorest country in the western hemisphere. On this mission you will have the opportunity to work with the Missioners of the Poor in Cap-Haitien or with Family Missions Company. You will be joining the Missionaries of the Poor in their care for children with cerebral palsy and other mental illnesses, nursing the elderly, and caring for adults and children in the HIV/AIDS clinic, in addition to experiencing community and prayer life with the Brothers!
With Family Missions Company (FMC) you will work alongside full time missionaries who have lived in Haiti since January 2015 as you preach the Gospel, visit the sick and homebound and serve those who live in the most extreme poverty.
Please consider joining this mission and making a difference in Haiti today!
Haiti 1 (Missionaries of the Poor) - Spring Break
- Dates: March 1 - 10, 2019
- Trip Director: Lisa K
- Mission Co-Leaders: Emma H, Brady S
- Amount to Fundraise: $2,000*
Haiti 2 (Missionaries of the Poor) - Spring Break
- Dates: March 8 - 17, 2019
- Trip Director: Christopher A
- Mission Co-Leaders: Joseph P, Erin S, Catherine K
- Amount to Fundraise: $1,900*
Haiti 3 (Missionaries of the Poor) - Spring Break
- Dates: March 15 - 24, 2019
- Trip Director: Emily M
- Mission Co-Leaders: Wesley N, Cristina I
- Amount to Fundraise: $2,150*
Haiti 7 (Family Missions Company) - Spring Break
- Dates: April 12 - 21, 2019
- Trip Director: Natalie N
- Mission Co-Leaders: Patrick T, Ryan B, Sarah J
- Amount to Fundraise: $1,800*
Haiti (Missionaries of the Poor) - Summer 2019
- Dates: May 18 - 27, 2019*
- Trip Director: Mia T
- Mission Co-Leaders: Ben M, Marie F, John F
- Amount to Fundraise: $2,100*
Price includes the following: Round-trip airfare to mission country, travel insurance, pre-trip orientation retreat, post-trip debriefing retreat, all food, lodging, materials, and in-country transportation. Price does not include: immunizations and travel medications, travel to/from US departure city (which will be determined by the Mission Director), passport/visa expenses, or other personal incidentals.
* Dates and price subject to change
- Each FOCUS Missions participant has the opportunity to fundraise the entire cost of their mission trip. Consider that fundraising allows people who may not have the opportunity to travel on a mission trip to participate in this essential work through you. In another sense, “some give by going, while others go by giving.” Allowing others to support us through their financial commitments and prayers is essential to the success of FOCUS Missions!
- After you have been accepted on a mission trip, you will be
contacted by your personal fundraising coach who will train and mentor
you along the way.
- Please feel free to contact us at any time by phone or email with your fundraising questions.
“I came into this mission feeling emotionally exhausted, nervous about being stretched outside of my comfort zone. However, the work of the mission, the new friends I made, and the country of Haiti itself rejuvenated me in a way I never expected! Encountering the raw poverty of Haiti stripped me of everything I hid behind in America, and therefore gave me the freedom to encounter Jesus and His people in such an authentic way and an inner peace I haven’t felt in almost a year. I’m thankful for this mission because it not only affirmed but strengthened my inner fire for mission, evangelization, and loving God’s people.”
– Monica Schulz, Texas A&M University
“My mission trip to Haiti opened my eyes to how impoverished our world really is and what a college student like myself can do to change that. No longer do I look at my life and list the what I don’t have, but rather I count my blessings and what God has given to me. By going on a FOCUS Mission, you are signing on to a life-changing experience that you will not forget.”
– Criss Cole, Texas State University
“This trip made me realize the potential I have within myself to help others. Not for a reward or any thanks, but for the sheer enjoyment of helping someone else who needs it! Going to Haiti was something I constantly second guessed myself on because I didn’t know if I was right for the job. However, what I learned was that theirs no cookie cutter shape for someone to help someone else. Just a good heart and good intentions behind everything you do! Being back in the states I plan to help my community the same way so this trip won’t just be a memory but a learning experience I can hopefully show my kids one day!”
– Alvaro Quintanilla, Stephen F. Austin State University