Situated on the north-eastern coast of South America, Guyana is fittingly nicknamed “the Land of Many Rivers”. After landing in Georgetown, Guyana’s capital, your team will embark down the country’s wandering rivers as you travel by boat to one of the various mission locations run by the Servidora’s!
The Servidora’s is a religious order who dedicate themselves to spreading the Gospel by sharing the Word of God with neighbor. Traveling through the jungles of Guyana, your team will join the Servidora’s as you visit the homes of impoverished families to share your love. Be prepared to be offered a coconut or to be “mocked” by a parrot; though it’s not an island, Guyana is a part of the Caribbean! You will also run a camp for the children in the communities, which will include games and teaching. Join us for this amazing adventure of a lifetime!
Guyana 1 - Spring Break
- Dates: March 1 - 10, 2019
- Trip Director: Stephanie S
- Mission Co-Leaders: Abby H, Allen M, Zach M
- Amount to Fundraise: $2,000*
Guyana 3 - Spring Break
- Dates: March 15 - 24, 2019
- Trip Director: Kallin Z
- Mission Co-Leaders: Sara G, Lucas K
- Amount to Fundraise: $2,200*
Price includes the following: Round-trip airfare to mission country, travel insurance, pre-trip orientation retreat, post-trip debriefing retreat, all food, lodging, materials, and in-country transportation. Price does not include: immunizations and travel medications, travel to/from US departure city (which will be determined by the Mission Director), passport/visa expenses, or other personal incidentals.
* Dates and price subject to change
- Each FOCUS Missions participant has the opportunity to fundraise the entire cost of their mission trip. Consider that fundraising allows people who may not have the opportunity to travel on a mission trip to participate in this essential work through you. In another sense, “some give by going, while others go by giving.” Allowing others to support us through their financial commitments and prayers is essential to the success of FOCUS Missions!
- After you have been accepted on a mission trip, you will be
contacted by your personal fundraising coach who will train and mentor
you along the way.
- Please feel free to contact us at any time by phone or email with your fundraising questions.
“Before the trip, my relationship with Jesus was a kind of comfortable familiarity. He was important to me, and I worked with and for him, but He wasn’t at my center because I felt like school work other things deserved more time. After the trip, with a week and a half with no homework, no cell phone, no excuse not to be praying, and daily mass and holy hour, I have a much better perspective on what really matters in life. My soul was charged, and now that I’m back here, I’m much more detached from the things which aren’t eternal (and weren’t available in Guyana). It was an excellent trip for development and formation.”
– Dylan Eilertson, Drake University
“My FOCUS Mission to Guyana was a beautiful way to take a step back from the hustle of a hectic college life and meaningfully give back to a community in need. I stepped out of my comfort zone and am now ready to evangelize more zealously and am more grateful for the many blessings God has placed in my life. I not only gained perspective, but also a clearer sense of my special talents.”
– Sinclair Hamilton, Harvard College
“Guyana changed my life. I learned how to be uncomfortable, humbled, vulnerable and most importantly loved. By stepping out of my comfort zone my eyes and heart were opened to truly experience Christ’s presence and His unconditional love. Being stripped of everything I was familiar with allowed me to see the beauty of God’s creations and appreciate the true meaning of life and love. I now have this burning desire to carry out the mission and continue to spread the love of Christ everywhere I go!”
– Lauren Lagassie, University of Connecticut