In the shadow of a towering volcano, we will venture into the countryside of El Salvador where we will serve in a small community. This incredible mission will include home visits with the community, and we will also be working on construction projects. On this trip, we will live among the people, call the church floor our home, and play endless games of soccer. You will certainly get to experience the beauty of the Salvadoran people and grow in relationship with them!
Another amazing aspect of this trip is the
deep perspective gained from learning about El Salvador’s past history of civil
war and Catholic persecution. We will be able visit the home of Archbishop
Oscar Romero and likely have Mass in the chapel where he was assassinated. In
light of this history, our mission has always brought continued healing to the
Salvadoran people and hope for the future. The final day of the trip will
likely include a retreat on El Salvador’s glorious Pacific coast with the
incredible tropical sunset marking the end of an amazing mission. This is an
experience not to be missed!
El Salvador 1 - Spring Break
- Dates: March 1 - 10, 2019
- Trip Director: Rebecca R
- Mission Co-Leaders: Matthew R, Max Z, Sarah F
- Amount to Fundraise: $2,050*
El Salvador 2 - Spring Break
- Dates: March 8 - 17, 2019
- Trip Director: Clara L
- Mission Co-Leaders: Sam C, Mary L
- Amount to Fundraise: $1,850*
El Salvador 3 - Spring Break
- Dates: March 15 - 24, 2019
- Trip Director: Maureen S
- Mission Co-Leaders: Casey O, Ryan N, Nicole M
- Amount to Fundraise: $1,950*
El Salvador - Summer 2019
- Dates: July 9 - 25, 2019*
- Trip Director: Diana L
- Mission Co-Leaders: Isaac G, Kyle D, Lauren H
- Amount to Fundraise: $2,400*
Price includes the following: Round-trip
airfare to mission country, travel insurance, pre-trip orientation retreat,
post-trip debriefing retreat, all food, lodging, materials, and in-country
transportation. Price does not include: immunizations and travel medications, travel to/from US departure city (which will be determined by the
Mission Director), passport/visa expenses, or other personal incidentals.
* Dates and price subject to change
- Each FOCUS Missions participant has the opportunity to fundraise the entire cost of their mission trip. Consider that fundraising allows people who may not have the opportunity to travel on a mission trip to participate in this essential work through you. In another sense, “some give by going, while others go by giving.” Allowing others to support us through their financial commitments and prayers is essential to the success of FOCUS Missions!
- After you have been accepted on a mission trip, you will be
contacted by your personal fundraising coach who will train and mentor
you along the way.
- Please feel free to contact us at any time by phone or email with your fundraising questions.
“Going to El Salvador was an answer to so many things I had been praying about in the past year. Being there allowed me to experience a whole different kind of love that has been hard to find here in the States. I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know everyone and going into the experience not knowing anyone because I was able to better dedicate myself to the mission and listen better to what God was saying to me. El Salvador was a wonderful, breath-taking experience that gave me the clarity of mind I needed to continue with my discernment in order to see what God is calling me to.”
– Lauren, Louisiana State University
“The mission trip to El Salvador served as my very first mission experience. Never have I journeyed to a third world country before and in light of my experience, my life seemed to radically awaken. Such poverty that exists in the world is sorrowful and disheartening yet at the same time extremely beautiful! I was able to see Jesus Christ in the poverty, within the people of El Salvador, and a door within my heart has now been opened. My love and passionate desire to serve the Body of Christ is reinvigorated. I CANNOT WAIT TO JOIN MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN THE FULL UNION OF GOD THE FATHER, GOD THE SON, AND GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT!”
– Joshua Hill, University of Mary- Bismarck