Travel to the border of the Dominican Republic and Haiti to immerse yourself into the beautiful culture of the local people in different villages. On this trip we will work with priests and religious and spend much time investing in relationships as we visit homes and participate in local service projects. As you will learn, the Dominican people truly represent Caribbean hospitality, generosity and authentic joy. Expect your life to be changed as we serve in this beautiful country.
Dominican Republic (Varsity Catholic) - Winter
- Dates: December 26 - January 3
- Trip Director: Andrew D
- Mission Co-Leaders: Pat H, Allyson H, Amanda G
- Amount to Fundraise: $1,600*
Dominican Republic 3a (Banica) - Spring Break
- Dates: March 15 - 24, 2019
- Trip Director: Monica M
- Mission Co-Leaders: Ryan C, Stephen D
- Amount to Fundraise: 2,000*
Dominican Republic 3b (Mustard Seed) - Spring Break
- Dates: March 15 - 24, 2019
- Trip Director: Alan G
- Mission Co-Leaders: Jacob O,
- Amount to Fundraise: $3,050*
Price includes the following: Round-trip airfare to mission country, travel insurance, pre-trip orientation retreat, post-trip debriefing retreat, all food, lodging, materials, and in-country transportation. Price does not include: immunizations and travel medications, travel to/from US departure city (which will be determined by the Mission Director), passport/visa expenses, or other personal incidentals.
* Dates and price subject to change
- Each FOCUS Missions participant has the opportunity to fundraise the entire cost of their mission trip. Consider that fundraising allows people who may not have the opportunity to travel on a mission trip to participate in this essential work through you. In another sense, “some give by going, while others go by giving.” Allowing others to support us through their financial commitments and prayers is essential to the success of FOCUS Missions!
- After you have been accepted on a mission trip, you will be
contacted by your personal fundraising coach who will train and mentor
you along the way.
- Please feel free to contact us at any time by phone or email with your fundraising questions.
“My trip to the Dominican Republic shed light on many things that I would have gone amiss if I had not gone. I felt the unity of belonging to the universal Church and recognizing the dignity of all people, by working alongside the community members of Guaroa as we repaired Capilla Espíritu Santo, shared meals, and attended mass together. After learning to ask for God’s grace in prayer and actively seeking it out through the sacraments, I was able to let go of memories that often paralyzed me. I realized how happy I felt while I became embedded into a community without the excess of American and college culture. Moreover, I noticed how Christ is constantly working through each of us and how powerful it is when we allow Him to do so.”
– Mary Morgan Casillas, University of Southern California
“On this trip I met the most amazing people in both the locals and my fellow students. I learned that true happiness comes from God and God alone, and I learned the true meaning of solidarity.”
– Former Dominican Republic Mission Trip participant