Join us on mission to Colon, Mexico next Spring Break. Come back soon for more information!
Mexico 3 (Colon) - Spring Break
- Dates: March 15 - 24, 2019
- Trip Director: Jesus L
- Mission Co-Leaders: Hannah T, Nicholas K, Amanda W
- Amount to Fundraise: TBD*
Price includes the following: Round-trip airfare to mission country, travel insurance, pre-trip orientation retreat, post-trip debriefing retreat, all food, lodging, materials, and in-country transportation. Price does not include: immunizations and travel medications, travel to/from US departure city (which will be determined by the Mission Director), passport/visa expenses, or other personal incidentals.
* Dates and price subject to change
- Each FOCUS Missions participant has the opportunity to fundraise the entire cost of their mission trip. Consider that fundraising allows people who may not have the opportunity to travel on a mission trip to participate in this essential work through you. In another sense, “some give by going, while others go by giving.” Allowing others to support us through their financial commitments and prayers is essential to the success of FOCUS Missions!
- After you have been accepted on a mission trip, you will be contacted by your personal fundraising coach who will train and mentor you along the way.
- Please feel free to contact us at any time by phone or email with your fundraising questions.
“The experiences that were available to me on this trip were absolutely incredible. From the trip I drastically strengthened my relationship with Christ and have been able to see Christ in others around me. The trip was a huge blessing to my life and would recommend it to anyone who desires to work with the poor.”
– Jordan Blanton, University of Tennessee
“On the Mexico City mission trip, I learned what it meant to see Jesus in the poor. I learned that spiritual poverty is much worse than physical poverty. And I learned that when you see a person as Jesus Christ, it is so easy to love them. We became Jesus to the poor, and they became Jesus to us. My relationship is Jesus now is stronger than ever – I look at my friends and I see Him. If you get the chance to serve, take it.”
– Danna Knight, Texas A&M University
“Being on mission to Mexico City and serving these abandoned people affected me tremendously. The amount of love shown not just by our group but by these people back to us was love I had never witnessed before. These people had nothing and were selfless with what they had. I hope to be able to bring this type of love back into my life at home.”
– Jake Wernel, University of Kansas
“On the mission trip I expected my life to be altered but not to the extent that it was. I had the expectation that I would experience poverty and suffering through others which would in turn make me grow in my faith. In reality, I experienced Jesus Christ in the flesh and joy through others who had nothing else besides that. The joy that these street (homeless) kids and elderly women had was undeniably the work of God. Encountering Jesus through the joy of people who have nothing is how I was able to grow closer to God through my trip in Mexico City.”
– Pat Spethman, University of Nebraska–Lincoln
“While serving the poor on Mission in Mexico City, Christ transformed my heart. I believe with every fiber of my being that Christ’s love is the answer to everything. Seeing Christ, and loving Him in every person we meet is a lesson I will carry with me forever. We are nothing without Christ, and He builds us up in our weakness if we just turn to him in our vulnerability.”
– former FOCUS Mexico City Mission Trip participant