Join us on mission in Colombia this spring break! We will be going to Bogotá, Colombia where we will be working with the Daughters of Charity of St. Vincent de Paul. You are invited to come celebrate and live out mercy by working alongside the sisters in their pastoral efforts in the city.
A little more about their mission…
“To seek to understand our brothers and sisters living on the streets, with a sensitivity and compassion towards their addictions and different afflictions, while responding to the call of Jesus Christ who invites us to serve and address the different forms of poverty in the world. Our apostolate involves re-education and inclusion of our brothers and sisters back into society. Promoting integral development of the whole human person through dignified works with love, devotion, and mercy — the motors of development.”
Colombia 2 - Spring Break
- Dates: March 8 - 17, 2019
- Trip Director: Michael F
- Mission Co-Leaders: Jean M, Cara J, Juan B
- Amount to Fundraise: $1,900*
Colombia - Summer 2019
- Dates: July 2019*
- Trip Director: Sarah K
- Mission Co-Leaders: Andrew N, Joseph F, Elizabeth P
- Amount to Fundraise: $2,250*
Price includes the following: Round-trip airfare to mission country, travel insurance, pre-trip orientation retreat, post-trip debriefing retreat, all food, lodging, materials, and in-country transportation. Price does not include: immunizations and travel medications, travel to/from US departure city (which will be determined by the Mission Director), passport/visa expenses, or other personal incidentals.
* Dates and price subject to change
- Each FOCUS Missions participant has the opportunity to fundraise the entire cost of their mission trip. Consider that fundraising allows people who may not have the opportunity to travel on a mission trip to participate in this essential work through you. In another sense, “some give by going, while others go by giving.” Allowing others to support us through their financial commitments and prayers is essential to the success of FOCUS Missions!
- After you have been accepted on a mission trip, you will be
contacted by your personal fundraising coach who will train and mentor
you along the way.
- Please feel free to contact us at any time by phone or email with your fundraising questions.
“This mission trip was if not the best, one of the best experiences of my life. I encountered Jesus in the poor and in those who I served with. In working with the elderly woman I was taken outside of my comfort zone, but with Jesus’s help I was able to serve and see beauty in everyone on the trip. FOCUS missions is wonderful at bringing students together, bringing them to Jesus in the poor, and bringing both beauty and excitement into the trip.”
– Former FOCUS Mission Trip participant