Chile has often been considered the most developed country across the Latin American landscape — though there remains great work to be done. A stark classicism, encouraged by socio-economic rigidity and little opportunity for upward mobility, continues to persist amidst an increasingly secular political and social climate.
Working alongside Christ in the City missionaries, the Christian Life Movement, and a community of Chilean college students, you will together strive to bring hope and authentic charity to the often-forgotten outskirts of the country’s capital. This outreach to the projects and opportunity to visit impoverished families will leave you not only with a host of life-long Chilean friendships, but a heart and mind forever changed.
Check out one of the organizations we will serve with: Christ in the City
Chile - Summer 2019
- Dates: July 9 - 25, 2019*
- Mission Director: Matthew Z
- Mission Co-Leaders: Kevin W, Gabriella C, Allison W
- Amount to Fundraise: $2,500*
Price includes the following: Round-trip airfare to mission country, travel insurance, pre-trip orientation retreat, post-trip debriefing retreat, all food, lodging, materials, and in-country transportation. Price does not include: immunizations and travel medications, travel to/from US departure city (which will be determined by the Mission Director), passport/visa expenses, or other personal incidentals.
* Dates and price subject to change
- Each FOCUS Missions participant has the opportunity to fundraise the entire cost of their mission trip. Consider that fundraising allows people who may not have the opportunity to travel on a mission trip to participate in this essential work through you. In another sense, “some give by going, while others go by giving.” Allowing others to support us through their financial commitments and prayers is essential to the success of FOCUS Missions!
- After you have been accepted on a mission trip, you will be
contacted by your personal fundraising coach who will train and mentor
you along the way.
- Please feel free to contact us at any time by phone or email with your fundraising questions.
“It is one thing to say we know of the Christ, but entirely different to say that we know Jesus the man who died for us. All the knowledge this world has to offer pales in comparison to the actual experience of God’s infinite mercy. We may know these truths of our faith, but what matters is how we live these truths. I considered myself well versed in my faith until I found myself far away from home where no amount of apologetic could convict someone of the true Church; as I soon learned only the love of Christ can do that.”
– David Frulla, University of Connecticut
“This trip was amazing. It was definitely the most difficult thing I have ever done but also the best. It really changed my perspective on everything in my life and made me even more determined to live out my faith.”
– Emily Ostertag, Columbia University
“I had an absolutely incredible experience on my mission trip to Chile this summer. It was great meeting so many other young Catholics who are devoted to their faith and facing the same challenges as I am. I also got the chance to interact with quite a few young Chileans through our work with the parish in Maipu. During our time there, we fixed up a community center, built a built a small structure to honor the Blessed Mother in a neighborhood park, and spent countless hours building relationships with and playing games with the Chilean youth. God truly worked wonders through our mission by teaching me so much about myself, others, and our relationship with Him.”
– Gian Milles, Temple University