Travel “across the pond” to The United Kingdom where you will engage in parish outreach in a part of the world where the Church is striving to become revitalized. This trip will give provide insight into the necessity of evangelization and experience the universality of the Catholic faith. While you will be teaching others and sharing scripture, you can also expect your relationship with Jesus to deepen.
The trip to Northern Ireland is in collaboration with University students there to work with religious orders like the Franciscan Friars of the Renewal, Missionaries of Charity and even some of the local parishes. We are excited to unite with the students there to go on mission to their own people.
Northern Ireland 2 (Derry) - Spring Break
- Dates: March 8 - 17, 2019
- Mission Director: Conner W
- Mission Co-Leaders: Brianne S, Stephanie P, Joseph H
- Amount to Fundraise: $2,350*
United Kingdom - Summer 2019
- Dates: July 14 - 30, 2019*
- Mission Director: Katlyn P
- Mission Co-Leaders: Khayla J, Chad E
- Amount to Fundraise: $3,500*
Price includes the following: Round-trip airfare to mission country, travel insurance, pre-trip orientation retreat, post-trip debriefing retreat, all food, lodging, materials, and in-country transportation. Price does not include: immunizations and travel medications, travel to/from US departure city (which will be determined by the Mission Director), passport/visa expenses, or other personal incidentals.
* Dates and price subject to change
- Each FOCUS Missions participant has the opportunity to fundraise the entire cost of their mission trip. Consider that fundraising allows people who may not have the opportunity to travel on a mission trip to participate in this essential work through you. In another sense, “some give by going, while others go by giving.” Allowing others to support us through their financial commitments and prayers is essential to the success of FOCUS Missions!
- After you have been accepted on a mission trip, you will be
contacted by your personal fundraising coach who will train and mentor
you along the way.
- Please feel free to contact us at any time by phone or email with your fundraising questions.
“This mission trip taught me what it truly means to be the body of Christ. Reaching out in self-dying love for the love of Christ and his Church has created a fire and zeal in my heart to continue the Great Commission even back here in the states. I have truly experienced the love of Christ, and it is my deepest desire to bring this joy and Good News to others.”
– Rachel Lain, University of North Texas
This mission trip gave me the opportunity to be encompassed in an area of the world with people who are in need of the love and warmth of Christ. I can’t explain how life-changing it was to get to know and love people of a different culture. The response and progress of the village gave me a first hand account of how much the Holy Spirit can move through people. My brothers and sisters in St. Michael will forever be in my heart and prayers.
– Gage Shirley, The University of Kansas