The Way of St. James (Camino de Santiago de Compostela) has existed for over a thousand years and was one of the most important Christian pilgrimages during medieval times. St. James’s bodily remains were carried by boat from Jerusalem, by his disciples, to northern Spain where they were buried on the site of what is now the city of Santiago de Compostela.
Today, tens of thousands of Christian pilgrims and other travelers set out each year from their front doorstep, or popular starting points across Europe, to make their way to Santiago de Compostela. Most travel by foot, some by bicycle, and a few travel as some of their medieval counterparts did, on horseback or by donkey.
You have the opportunity to join our group on this amazing adventure! For thirteen days we will travel on the path that thousands of other pilgrims have traversed for centuries. We will spend time in prayer and conversation, both with each other and many other pilgrims along the way, and stay in a different hostel each night. On July 24, we will participate in mass in the Cathedral of St. James on the Feast Day of St. James and see one of the greatest firework shows in all of Europe!
Spain (Camino) 1 - Summer 2019
- Dates: July 8 - 27, 2019*
- Mission Director: Ben A
- Mission Co-Leaders: Conrad C, Kimberly H
- Amount to Fundraise: $3,250*
Spain (Camino) 2 (Women Only) - Summer 2019
- Dates: July 9 - 29, 2019*
- Mission Director: Sandy B
- Mission Co-Leaders: Kathryn M
- Amount to Fundraise: $3,500*
Price includes the following: Round-trip
airfare to mission country, travel insurance, pre-trip orientation retreat,
post-trip debriefing retreat, all food, lodging, materials, and in-country
transportation. Price does not include: immunizations and travel medications, travel to/from US departure city (which will be determined by the
Mission Director), passport/visa expenses, or other personal incidentals.
* Dates and price subject to change
- Each FOCUS Missions participant has the opportunity to fundraise the entire cost of their mission trip. Consider that fundraising allows people who may not have the opportunity to travel on a mission trip to participate in this essential work through you. In another sense, “some give by going, while others go by giving.” Allowing others to support us through their financial commitments and prayers is essential to the success of FOCUS Missions!
- After you have been accepted on a mission trip, you will be
contacted by your personal fundraising coach who will train and mentor
you along the way.
- Please feel free to contact us at any time by phone or email with your fundraising questions.
“My life was rocked by the great saints along the Camino. I admired their devotion to Christ and the Church. Even more than that, I saw the need to love Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament. Through the devotion to the Sacred Heart, I was awakened to praise Him in my reception of the Eucharist, and any time I enter His house. I couldn’t get over how desperately He loves us, and how humble He makes Himself to us.”
– Former FOCUS Missions Pilgrimage participant
“My experience on the Camino de Santiago was, simply put, an adventure. Throughout the days, the miles, and the towns that blurred together I quickly made memories that will last a lifetime. This trip was no walk in the park. The blisters, tendinitis, sunburn, shin splints and various other injuries all helped to strengthen my resolve and to help solidify my self discipline. Spiritually, my life was rocked by seeing first hand the reality of the world wide Catholic Church. It was awesome seeing how the Church, especially the Eucharist, transcends the cultural and geographical spaces between us."
– Former FOCUS Camino Mission trip participant