Come join us for our pilgrimage/mission to France! This mission trip will be two fold, service and pilgrimage. We will serve the poor in Paris then make our way to Lourdes, the site of the famous Marion apparition, where we will be assisting pilgrims into the healing waters. We will also be traveling to other holy sites and finish off at Lisieux to visit the tomb of St. Therese.
- Dates: July 10 - 29, 2019*
- Trip Director: Jacob G
- Mission Co-Leaders: Sarah W, Cecilia B
- Amount to Fundraise: $3,500*
Price includes the following: Round-trip airfare to mission country, travel insurance, pre-trip orientation retreat, post-trip debriefing retreat, all food, lodging, materials, and in-country transportation. Price does not include: immunizations and travel medications, travel to/from US departure city (which will be determined by the Mission Director), passport/visa expenses, or other personal incidentals.
* Dates and price subject to change
- Each FOCUS Missions participant has the opportunity to fundraise the entire cost of their mission trip. Consider that fundraising allows people who may not have the opportunity to travel on a mission trip to participate in this essential work through you. In another sense, “some give by going, while others go by giving.” Allowing others to support us through their financial commitments and prayers is essential to the success of FOCUS Missions!
- After you have been accepted on a mission trip, you will be
contacted by your personal fundraising coach who will train and mentor
you along the way.
- Please feel free to contact us at any time by phone or email with your fundraising questions.
“The FOCUS missions trip has been a huge step forward in my walk with Christ. You don’t know how much you need God until He is all you have. Being so much out of your element forces you to lean on Him, and now I have an idea of what that is like in everyday life.”
– Aaron Pribanic, University of Nebraska
“In France, we served people who were poor in health, poor in material goods, and poor in spirit, and I encountered Christ everywhere we went. To see the state of Catholicism in France was a wake-up call, but at the same time, serving and serving with these living and breathing tabernacles gave me hope for the future of the church and the world.”
– Ben Kelly, Harvard College
“My mission trip with FOCUS to France brought me way out of my comfort zone by bringing me together with a group of 13 strangers to spread the Gospel in a foreign land. By the end we were family and I was perfectly comfortable with all the discomforts. All the ways God worked in my heart are still fleshing out. The FOCUS missionaries go out of their way to love you not for what you do but because you are. I highly recommend FOCUS mission trips to anyone at any point in their faith journey!”
– Allison Harrison, Southeastern Louisiana University