Join us in the Philippines as we encounter the face of Christ in the faces of those who are served by the Missionaries of the Poor. On this trip you will serve in two different cities with the Missionaries of the Poor, serving abandoned men, women and children with physical and mental disabilities, and the materially impoverished.
Philippines - Summer 2019
- Dates: July 9 - August 3, 2019*
- Trip Director: Aislinn D
- Mission Co-Leaders: Sam C
- Amount to Fundraise: $2,800*
Price includes the following: Round-trip airfare to mission country, travel insurance, pre-trip orientation retreat, post-trip debriefing retreat, all food, lodging, materials, and in-country transportation. Price does not include: immunizations and travel medications, travel to/from US departure city (which will be determined by the Mission Director), passport/visa expenses, or other personal incidentals.
* Dates and price subject to change
- Each FOCUS Missions participant has the opportunity to fundraise the entire cost of their mission trip. Consider that fundraising allows people who may not have the opportunity to travel on a mission trip to participate in this essential work through you. In another sense, “some give by going, while others go by giving.” Allowing others to support us through their financial commitments and prayers is essential to the success of FOCUS Missions!
- After you have been accepted on a mission trip, you will be
contacted by your personal fundraising coach who will train and mentor
you along the way.
- Please feel free to contact us at any time by phone or email with your fundraising questions.
“The Philippines mission trip taught me about how God’s love is one that is constantly pouring over us. He desires to challenge us and bring us closer to Him. I felt this by Him calling me to abandon my worldly possessions, worldly thoughts, and to truly be vulnerable to Christ and his love.”
– Lauren La Coy, Illinois State University
“There is nothing better I can write than JUST GO! The single most life changing decision I made, and will never forget it.”
– Former FOCUS Mission Trip participant
“Before this mission trip I was very involved in FOCUS, had a Bible study, and was practicing my faith very well. However, I realized that a lot of my relationship with Christ was focused on myself and what I can do to improve my life. On this trip I realized that true happiness comes from looking upward and outward, not inward. For the first time, I saw Christ in the faces of the kids and the people in the village and realized that by serving them and being out of my comfort zone I grew so much more in my faith.”
– Hannah Schinkel, University of Nebraska-Lincoln