Encounter the Catholic Church in a new light by experiencing it outside of your own culture. Imagine coming face-to-face with Christ in east Malaysia. On this trip we will work to serve the poor, catechize the youth and share our own faith life experiences with college students from Malaysia. Walk in the footsteps of the great evangelist. St. Francis Xavier, as we train college-aged students to share the gospel in a part of the world where the faith is often oppressed. The goal is to share our experiences of faith from opposite sides of the world, experience Catholicism’s universality and to help each other grow in love for the Church all while serving the physically and spiritually poor.
- Dates: July 10 - August 2, 2019*
- Mission Director: Emily C
- Mission Co-Leaders: Michael H
- Amount to Fundraise: $3,050*
Price includes the following: Round-trip airfare to mission country, travel insurance, pre-trip orientation retreat, post-trip debriefing retreat, all food, lodging, materials, and in-country transportation. Price does not include: immunizations and travel medications, travel to/from US departure city (which will be determined by the Mission Director), passport/visa expenses, or other personal incidentals.
* Dates and price subject to change
- Each FOCUS Missions participant has the opportunity to fundraise the entire cost of their mission trip. Consider that fundraising allows people who may not have the opportunity to travel on a mission trip to participate in this essential work through you. In another sense, “some give by going, while others go by giving.” Allowing others to support us through their financial commitments and prayers is essential to the success of FOCUS Missions!
- After you have been accepted on a mission trip, you will be
contacted by your personal fundraising coach who will train and mentor
you along the way.
- Please feel free to contact us at any time by phone or email with your fundraising questions.
“By examining my own relationship with Christ, this mission trip made me see how little I trust Him. Compared to the people we went to serve, who literally trust Him with their whole lives, I realized I have so much growth to do in that area, so that I can trust Him in each moment of everyday, with my whole life.”
– Nate AuYeung, University of Connecticut
“Several years ago, I devoted myself to living a truly Catholic lifestyle; one centered in Christ and His church’s teachings. This led me to many places I never thought I would have gone, like seminary, and of course, on a FOCUS mission to Malaysia and Indonesia. In a single month on this trip, God has shown and proven His love for me in a stronger way than He ever has before. I truly experienced the love that the Father has for His beloved children - because I am that: His son. Despite everything that has happened in my life, and despite anything that ever will happen, I know for certain that the Father’s love will never fail me and that it will always suffice.”
– Joshua A. Wilson, University of Louisiana-Lafayette