Join us as FOCUS combines efforts with a Canadian college outreach organization called Catholic Christian Outreach to bring the Gospel to the people in Uganda. This includes but is not limited to: building projects, working with the poor, prayer ministry in homes, sharing testimonies, sharing the Gospel, visiting schools and prisons, and hosting evangelistic events for the local community. Local Ugandan university students join you on mission to help them grow in faith on mission as well.
Uganda 1 - Summer 2019
- Dates: July 8 - August 2, 2019*
- Mission Director: Ryan N
- Mission Co-Leaders: Patrick M, Taylor N, Trish V
- Amount to Fundraise: $3,700*
Uganda 2 (Medical) - Summer 2019
- Dates: July 15 - 2, 2019*
- Mission Director: Mary Kate V
- Mission Co-Leaders: Riley H, Christian W
- Amount to Fundraise: $3,600*
Price includes the following: Round-trip
airfare to mission country, travel insurance, pre-trip orientation retreat,
post-trip debriefing retreat, all food, lodging, materials, and in-country
transportation. Price does not include: immunizations and travel medications, travel to/from US departure city (which will be determined by the
Mission Director), passport/visa expenses, or other personal incidentals.
*Dates and price subject to change
*** Notes on participation for U.S. citizens: You are required to get a visa for Uganda. This is your own responsibility and not included in the cost of the trip. See visa requirements here: Uganda visa requirements. You may be required to get immunizations and anti-malaria medications not included in the price of the trip; your health insurance may or may not cover these costs. See recommendations and requirements for vaccinations and medications here: Health Information for Travelers to Uganda.
- Each FOCUS Missions participant has the opportunity to fundraise the entire cost of their mission trip. Consider that fundraising allows people who may not have the opportunity to travel on a mission trip to participate in this essential work through you. In another sense, “some give by going, while others go by giving.” Allowing others to support us through their financial commitments and prayers is essential to the success of FOCUS Missions!
- After you have been accepted on a mission trip, you will be
contacted by your personal fundraising coach who will train and mentor
you along the way.
- Please feel free to contact us at any time by phone or email with your fundraising questions.
“Prior to this mission trip, my spiritual life was languishing and I was a lukewarm Catholic, not taking my faith seriously. Over the course of the mission trip I was able to receive the Eucharist every day, pray the rosary every day, talk with our Lord for a whole hour every day, and meet some of the greatest people in the world, with whom I will remain lifelong friends. After a month in Africa, I realized why I need to pray, the importance of my faith and that I really want to go out and spread the faith to other people on campus!”
– Jacob Dust, Bradley University