Come to Tanzania where we will be working alongside local priests, religious sisters, university students and a parish communities to uplift the dignity of our African brothers and sisters — serving their physical and spiritual needs. We will interact with school children, orphans, and local villagers through sharing our faith, helping at a rehabilitation center for disabled children, serving through manual labor, and living in community. Be part of the FOCUS mission to Tanzania!
Tanzania - Summer 2019
- Dates: July 10 - August 2 2019*
- Mission Director: Lauren L
- Mission Co-Leaders: Anthony D, Olivia C
- Amount to Fundraise: $3,300*
Price includes the following: Round-trip
airfare to mission country, travel insurance, pre-trip orientation retreat,
post-trip debriefing retreat, all food, lodging, materials, and in-country
transportation. Price does not include: immunizations and travel medications, travel to/from US departure city (which will be determined by the
Mission Director), passport/visa expenses, or other personal incidentals.
* Dates and price subject to change
- Each FOCUS Missions participant has the opportunity to fundraise the entire cost of their mission trip. Consider that fundraising allows people who may not have the opportunity to travel on a mission trip to participate in this essential work through you. In another sense, “some give by going, while others go by giving.” Allowing others to support us through their financial commitments and prayers is essential to the success of FOCUS Missions!
- After you have been accepted on a mission trip, you will be
contacted by your personal fundraising coach who will train and mentor
you along the way.
- Please feel free to contact us at any time by phone or email with your fundraising questions.
“Through my experience with FOCUS Missions and the Benedict XVI Institute, my eyes were opened to the endless possibilities that we all have to serve others. I realized that mission work is just one facet through which we can serve. We are all called to be Jesus’ hands and feet wherever we go, be it at school, at work, at the airport, or even while waiting in a line at a store. Working with people in Haiti, I could see that although I could not solve their problems, I could be a true sister and give them genuine love.”
– FOCUS Missions Volunteer